sábado, 16 de maio de 2009

Chaplaincy 4 Men's Surfing World Tour Teahupoo Day 1

By: Abe Andrews



Brett Davis, Kevin & Tehani, and Alan


Kevin Hemingway - HIC Shaper. Kevin receives 10 years C.S. service award 



Tehani & Kevin, and his son Manaari

As you may know the ASP World Tour is currently in Tahiti for the Billabong Pro at the infamous wave Teahupoo. I arrived to the location 2 days ago and have had many opportunities to serve and hangout with the surfers. It has already been an amazing journey which the Lord has richly blessed.

I am staying with a local family and sharing accommodation with the Billabong staff. Yesterday I spent most of the day helping the work crew set up the event area for the opening ceremonies; this was an awesome opportunity to provide some active service for the contest staff.

Last night I met with Kevin from Christian Surfers Tahiti and joined them as they did an outreach near Teahupoo. After the outreach I met up with some of the surfers and shared a meal at their house. It was great to hangout in a relaxed setting where I could continue to build relationships with the surfers.

groms stoked


Dayyan Neve deep

Today was day 1 round 1 of the contest. I was lucky enough to bump into some of the surfers as they headed out to the contest area. I spent the day on their boat watching the contest and caddying for some of the competitors. After the comp I headed out for a few waves with the surfers which was a great time to share and reflect on the day.

Line up

Although it is early in the event I feel the Chaplaincy is beginning to become more established on the tour and I believe the Lord is using me to rebuild and reconnect the surfers to Him. Pray for protection and favour over the next two weeks I’m here and thank the Lord for his provision as he has blessed me to be able to be here.

Panorama water


Perfect


surf barrell


Thank you for your support, prayers and fellowship, I look forward to what lie ahead.


Chaplaincy is a voluntary service and relies on the generosity of donors for it to continue. If you would like to support financially please feel out the attached slip and forward to the given address.

God Bless


Abe Andrews

Men's Surfing World Tour Chaplain -
ASP (Association of Surfing Professionals)
Mission Coordinator - Gold Coast Christian Surfers




.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário